After some time we have finally launched a new version of the World Fixer site. The aim is to build a better community and make the site more useful for all members. Please see some of the new features below – if you have any additional questions get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every user now has an advanced dashboard. This is where you can see new messages, your activity on community walls, your network and to edit your profile.
- Your activity on the new ‘community walls’ can be accessed here also. A record of posts you’ve made and people posting on your wall is updated in real time.
- We’ve changed the way you build your profile. The information is generally the same but the layout is different and you can now add videos to your profile.
- We’ve replaced the World Fixer mail with a messaging tool. You can have conversations with members whilst using the site and it will be fully integrated with the app coming in Summer 2018. You can also download your mails from the previous site through the link on your dashboard below.
Improved Search results:
- We’ve created a more logical way to browse profiles in search results. You can easily click between profiles and view them through a tab system rather than having to leave the page to do so. We hope this encourages users to browse more profiles giving greater opportunity to members without large star ratings.
- We’re excited to launch out new community wall feature. Each country now has its own dedicated space where members who are signed in can post questions or jobs.
- Your post on the community walls will be publicly visible to anyone visiting the site. However, if you see profiles of members you like and want to alert them specifically by email (to their personal email account) you can select them by clicking the red box below their WF profile.
- You can now share yours, or anyone elses profile by clicking the link next to their name. We hope this gives members more opportunity to promote themselves throughout the web.
- Now anyone can browse the site wether they have a profile or not. They cannot contact members or post on the community walls, however, until they sign in.
- We are now allowing members to display their contact details if they want to. The default is to hide contact details so you need to change that in the ‘edit’ section on your dashboard
- Contacting us has never been easier with a quick and easy form accessible through the footer also.